This Course is sponsored by the Southwest Colorado Training Region, and is provided by the Public Agency Training Council. Your instructor is Steve Smith.
Accepting a new leadership position can be the most demanding role. Often, new leaders receive the least training. Leadership is influence, and each of us has the power of influence. To becoming an effective leader you must recognize the potential in others and yourself.
This course provides an overview of the supervisor’s role in day-to-day operations. Participants will receive innovative ideas and practical strategies for supporting officers and making critical decisions that are aligned with the mission and vision of the organization. The course will explore strategies for developing personnel and dealing with those employees who are difficult to manage or motivate. The discussions and strategies will help participants make sound decisions that benefit the citizens and the organization and take responsibility for those decisions.
Upon Completion, Participants will be able to:
• Understand their role in the mission and vision statement
• Smooth the transition to leadership
• Deal more effectively with problem employees
• Identify the 12 critical tasks that reduce liability risk
• Develop staff skills while prioritizing workload
• Explain how the COMPSTAT program relates to accountability
• Become an effective critical decision-maker
• Become better able at dealing with the media
To Register for this Course, CLICK HERE